How we reach out & how you can help
The Sisters of St. Joseph have always helped the dear neighbor in need. After Manna House of Prayer opened in Concordia, the sisters established Helping Hands as a ministry to help provide emergency, situational assistance.
Today, there are numerous ways that Helping Hands serves the dear neighbor:
- We maintain a food pantry of canned and dried goods.
- We provide financial assistance for utilities and medical needs (prescriptions, lice shampoo, hospital dressings, doctor’s bill).
- We make vouchers available to the Catholic Thrift Store when people need clothing or household items.
- We help people who are passing through with gas.
- We house transients.
- We also provide assistance with miscellaneous things like a broken water heater.
* We do not help with rent, taxes, cell phones, or cable. We do not provide gas for people in town
Helping Hands Food Pantry always needs:
- Tuna or any canned meat
- Peanut Butter
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Instant Oatmeal
- Body soap
Any non-perishable food item